Friday 23 May 2014

The Friday 56! (23rd May 2014)

Hi book lovers and welcome to The Friday 56 for the 23rd May 2014!




The Friday 56 is a weekly meme which is hosted by Freda's Voice. The objectives of this meme are :

  • Grab a book, any book.
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
  • Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
  • Post it.

So here is my post......
         
          I have chosen this snippet from Thief's Magic by Trudi Canavan.

Buy it now from The Book Depository
Buy it now from Amazon
Buy it now on Kindle



“ It was a narrative based on the story of Sa-Azurl, the Doubting Priest, who chose to believe the Angels dis not exist rather than that they had not saved his village from flood, but eventually came to see his mistake and was welcomed by the Angels when he died. 







2 comments:

  1. I love the book's cover -- it makes me curious about the story. I'm also wondering what the story of Sa-Azurl has to do with the book's plot. Is it a lesson for someone who is doubting?
    Here's the link to my Friday post: THE DOCTOR'S INDISCRETION.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very interesting story, and that means a lot. Generally I don't get attracted to books dealing with angels.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete