Monday 19 May 2014

Musing Monday! (19th May 2014)

Hi book lovers and welcome to Musing Monday for the 19th May 2014!




Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading ,which asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books.



So on to my musing..... 
            This week I have chosen to muse about the last three books that I bought for myself:

                          The Salem Witch Society by K N Shields.


Buy it now from The Book Depository
Buy it now from Amazon
Buy it now on Kindle

 Synopsis - Salem, New England, many dark night ago. The most famous witch hunt in history is bout to begin.... Years later, a young woman is found savagely murdered, her body arrange in the death of a witch. someone - or something - is reviving the terror of the notorious Salem witch hunts. And only one man - a brilliant, eccentric loner with a dazzling mind and a fascination with witchcraft - can keep the evil's of the past at bay.

I bought this book because of the title, I have always been interested in the Salem witch hunt so as soon as I saw it on the self I knew I couldn't leave the shop without buying it.




The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman.

Buy it now from The Book Depository
Buy it now from Amazon
Buy it now on Kindle

 Synopsis - This is what he remembers, as he sits by the ocean at the end of the lane: A dead man on the back seat of the car, and warm milk at the farmhouse; An ancient girl, and an old woman who saw the moon being made; A beautiful housekeeper with a monstrous smile; And dark forces woken that were best left undisturbed. They are the memories hard to believe, waiting at the edges of things. The recollections of a man who thought he was lost but is now, perhaps remembering a time when he was saved.... 

 I bought this book because I have heard a lot of good things about it on booktube and twitter, so when I saw in my local Tesco while doing my weekly food shop I just had to buy it.




The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Buy it now from The Book Depository
Buy it now from Amazon
 Synopsis - This is the love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty six, and were married when Clare was twenty two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control, Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.

 I bought this because I really love the film and have have always wanted to read the book but just haven't got around to it, so when I saw it in my local charity shop I just had to pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment